21 Jul New Features ARES® Commander 2020
Introducing ARES Commander 2020, we have created a summary below of the most useful features included in the new version!
- Compare two versions of a drawing to display the differences with colors
- The new Drawing Compare palette allows you to compare the current drawing with another drawing
Custom Blocks Improvements
- Convert dynamic blocks into custom blocks: You can use dynamic blocks created with AutoCAD as they are.
- They will keep their intelligence and parameters in ARES Commander.
- Alternatively use the CBCONVERT command to convert them into custom blocks which definition can be further modified with ARES Commander.
Work Faster in 3D
- New OFFSETEDGES and CONVERTEDGES commands; these new commands help you to extract 2D entities from the edges of 3D solids or surfaces.
- This is in particular useful to extract construction entities you will use as a reference to create other 3D shapes combining with boolean operations or Push/Pull actions.
Customize your Workspaces
- The new CAD General workspace offers an alternative ribbon to the default “Drafting & Annotation” workspace of ARES Commander.
- Icons are reorganised to facilitate the switch from AutoCAD or other similar CAD software.
- Reorganise the user interface of ARES Commander as you wish and save your configuration as a new workspace.